Sports Academies have been set up to provide a high performance environment where young students can reach their potential in Hockey, Rugby and Football. The Academies will consist of training sessions with a focus on skill development and game awareness, fitness sessions and theory sessions relating directly to becoming a better Athlete.
The structure of the Academies is as follows:
- Students will attend 2 Academy timetabled lessons a week as a full year option subject.
- Students will also be expected to attend 2 training sessions a week.
- In addition students will have the opportunity to use the schools Fitness centre to improve own fitness levels.
- To maintain a position in Academy, students must maintain a good academic standard, high attendance rate and positive behaviour around school.
- Students are also expected to be prepared and punctual for all sessions.
- Students are to represent the school in their chosen Sport
- Season Draws can be located on Sports Coordinators noticeboard in Gym 3. Draws can also be located on-line www.collegesport.co.nz
- Parental support at these games would be much appreciated.
- Students are required to have their own shin and mouth guards.
- Students are also expected to wear correct PE kit for training's and attend all games in team uniform supplied.
- School sports socks are also expected to be worn for games. These socks can be purchased from B1 or the Uniform Shop and cost $10. These socks can be worn to represent all school sports teams.